Wednesday 16 August 2017

Exotic Packaging: Aēsop

Aēsop is an Australian company that makes wonderful creams for face and body. As I write my face is (I hope) drinking in their fabulous Damascene Rose Facial Treatment. I have been taking a load of prescription drugs recently and my skin has really suffered. I itch all over the place. Especially my ankles (itch itch itch) and my forearms (scratch scratch scratch) and the doctor has no solution.

So when I spotted the very smart Aēsop shop in Hampstead I had to go in. I bought Geranium Leaf Body Balm which smells divine and doesn't make my skin itch (hurrah!) and I was given a handful of freebies.
And the exotic packaging? You don't get a plastic bag; of course not it's far too ethical a company. You don't get a paper bag. You get a small cotton drawstring bag with a quote from Victor Hugo printed on it. It's a very nicely made bag (made with love in India) with a gusset. Very smart.
Buying an Aēsop product reminds me of Sydney. I bought my first Aēsop creams from the wonderful David Jones, and then some from Grace Bros., and once my lovely Australian friends sent me a very lavish care package. I'm not sure I thanked them nearly enough. It was very generous of them.

Aesop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment